1) Heat the oven to 150 °C/ 300 °F/ gas mark 2.
2) In a large bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter together and then whisk the sugar, vanilla and salt.
3) Beat in the eggs two at a time.
4) Fold in the sifted flour.
5) Pour into individual buttered rings (7 cm diameter and 2 cm deep), and cook for 12 minutes, until set on the outside but undercooked in the middle.
Decorate the plates with a little melted chocolate in a piping bag. Place a warm brownie in the middle of each plate and arrange the hot cherries with the wine syrup around. Finish with a big scoop of pistachio ice cream and a few chopped pine nuts.