- Heat up milk to 36°C and dissolve the dry yeast and set aside for 20 min. Combine all dry ingredients in an electric stand mixer along with eggs and yeast mixture. Bring together slowly forming a dough. Slowly feed butter into the mixture bit by bit as the dough is being worked on a medium speed in the mixer. Remove dough, place in bowl, cover and allow to rest in fridge for 30 min.
- Bloom gelatine in ice water. Separately combine the remainder of the ingredients and melt together until combined into a thick syrup. Take off the heat, dissolve gelatine, place in piping bag and allow to cool. Reserve for later.
To make the waffle:
- Take 75 g of waffle dough and press flat in a small gridded waffle iron. Cook over medium heat until just set (pale and pliable). Remove waffle from the iron, place on chopping board and cut smaller disks from large waffle. Take smaller disks and split the disk into two layers horizontally by gently using a bread knife. Bake thin layers of waffle at 160°C in the oven for 4 min. and dip in stock syrup, allow excess to drip off and replace on flat baking tray. Cook the layers in the oven for a further 4-5 min. until golden brown and the sugar is set. Remove one layer of waffle to a non-stick layer of paper on a flat working surface and place 3 ml of honey filling in the middle. While warm, place another layer of waffle on top of mixture and press firmly until the layers set together. Place aside to cool down and repeat process with the rest of the mixture.
Sultana and marigold curd:
- Peel, core and rough dice apple. Place in oven-proof dish along with honey, marigold leaves and lemon juice, cover and roast at 180°C until soft. Separately, bloom gelatine leaves in ice water. Over a double boiler, combine marigold vinegar, egg yolks, butter and sugar and whisk on a medium heat until mixture reaches 85°C. Once complete, transfer the apples while still hot, strained and squeezed sultanas, and soaked gelatine to jug blender and blend until smooth. Strain into a bowl, cover and place in fridge to set.
Sunflower seed praline:
- Add sugar to thick-bottom saucepan with 50 ml water and cook to a golden caramel. Pour onto a non-stick tray and allow to cool and harden. Combine sunflower seeds and caramel in a jug blender and blend for around 5 min. until the natural oils release from the seeds. You are looking for a smooth homogenous paste. You may need to add a few drops of sunflower oil to get the desired consistency. Transfer to piping bag and reserve for later.
Seed and nut garnish:
- Bring sugar stock to boil, remove from heat, add seeds and almond flakes and let sit for 10-15 min. Strain and evenly lay on tray. Bake at 160°C for 6-8 min. until golden.
Tuile mix for garnish:
- Place eggs in a bowl and give a light whisk. Add sugar and mix until dissolved. Fold in flour and create a paste. Combine with cooled melted butter, making a thick batter. Spread into heat-proof silicone honeycomb tuile mold and bake at 180°C for 6 min. until golden brown. Remove from mold while still warm and allow to cool on a flat surface. Break into smaller pieces and reserve for later.
- Pipe a small ring of sunflower praline around the center of one of the waffles. Place sugared almonds, pumpkin and sunflowers seeds alternating in a ring. Pipe a small amount of the sultana curd in the middle of the ring of nuts and seeds. Garnish with a sprinkling of bee pollen and small piece of the honeycomb tuile.