- 50 g unpeeled almonds
- 50 g peanuts
- 125 ml of water
- 125 g of sugar
1) Add the water, sugar, almonds and the peanuts to a pan. Put the pan over a medium heat and allow the sugar to dissolve in the water until it has taken on the color of the almond skin. Keep it on a medium heat until the syrup that forms starts to boil and form a foam.
2) Lower the heat to the keep the pan on a very low boil, being careful not to allow the temperature of the syrup to rise. Keep stirring.
3) Once the water has evaporated, raise the heat a little so the sugar begins to slowly caramelize. Keep stirring.
4) Once the caramel has become well stuck onto the nuts, take them out of the pan and transfer them to a baking sheet.
5) Allow to cool a little and separate any nuts which have stuck together.
6) Once completely cool, store in an airtight container.