ANNUAL CALL FOR RESEARCH PROJECTS
The objective of this grant is to fund clinical, epidemiological, basic and/or strategic research that may contribute to enhance the understanding of the health effects of nuts and dried fruits.
The INC calls for research projects from researchers from public and private institutions, as well as not-for-profit organizations. This call is for both co-funded and non co-funded projects. Co-funded projects will be scored more favorably.
Since the INC represents 17 nuts and dried fruits (namely almonds, apricot kernels, Amazonia (Brazil) nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, macadamias, pecans, pine nuts, pistachios, walnuts, peanuts, dates, dried apricots, dried cranberries, dried figs, dried grapes and prunes), INC will only accept research projects with at least 3 nuts OR 3 dried fruits
INC will not accept scientific studies that mix nuts and dried fruits.
Research proposals can include 3 or more of the above mentioned nuts or dried fruits. However, projects that compare nuts or dried fruits among themselves will not be accepted.
2019 Research priorities:
- Nuts or dried fruits and cognitive function.
- Nuts or dried fruits and body weight and adipose tissue distribution.
- Combination of nuts or dried fruits and blood pressure, clotting factors and inflammatory markers.
- Combination of nuts or dried fruits and glycemic load and/or diabetes.
- Nuts or dried fruits in exercise performance.
- Nuts or dried fruits and intestinal microbiota.
- Nuts or dried fruits and metabolomics.
- Nuts or dried fruits and cancer.
- Nuts or dried fruits and inflammatory diseases.
- Nuts or dried fruits as part of a healthy diet.
- Intervention trials on relevant clinical end points.
- Meta-analysis of clinical trials
Up to 300,000 EUR
is available for this grant. Applications due by: January 31, 2019.
ANNUAL CALL FOR PROMOTION AND DISSEMINATION PROJECTS
The International Nut and Dried Fruit Council Foundation (INC) calls for Promotion and Dissemination Projects aimed at building consumer demand for nuts and dried fruits worldwide. INC will fund projects aimed at increasing the use and consumption of nuts and dried fruits, whenever such projects are beyond the scope of the INC, i.e. projects that the INC cannot fit within its regular activity, for instance due to language or geographic challenges.
The Call is open for projects from public and private institutions, as well as not-for-profit organizations, and encourages cooperative projects implying INC members. Special emphasis will be placed upon multi-collaborative projects and cooperation with industry-related partners.
Since the INC represents 17 nuts and dried fruits (namely almonds, apricot kernels, Amazonia (Brazil) nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, macadamias, pecans, pine nuts, pistachios, walnuts, peanuts, dates, dried apricots, dried cranberries, dried figs, dried grapes and prunes) the Call will only accept projects that involve at least 3 nuts and/or dried fruits
- Activities that provide markets and consumers with information on the properties and qualities of nuts and dried fruits (e.g. marketing campaigns at points-of-sale, education campaigns at schools).
- Market research and activities aimed at ensuring that buyers, consumers and health professionals know about nuts and dried fruits and their many positive features (e.g. participation in specialized events).
- Special emphasis will be placed upon multi-collaborative projects and cooperation with industry-related partners.
- INC will prioritize project proposals aimed at disseminating the outcomes of the scientific findings that come from INC-funded research (annual Call for Research Projects) or new scientific findings that have been published in high-impact scientific journals.
- INC will also prioritize projects to be undertaken in developing countries.
Up to 50,000 EUR
is available for the 2019 Grant. Applications due by: January 31, 2019.